Thursday 11 April 2013

OrGaNiC drinks and homemade CaKeS ...











many many years ago I started using organic products ( not everything as they were quite pricey ) . Those days the price is much better as when they first started . I think it also depends of what country you live .Here in Greece the prices are very different from store to store .
Because of a burn out I stoped drinking coffee in January 2010 . I love coffee , I love the smell of it , it's taste and all the fab variations . So I started drinking decaf . My parents , which are living in Germany discovered a very nice organic decaf espresso and you really can't tell the difference between the "real" and the "decaf" . I own a Espresso-Machine which grinds ??? ( I hope i chosed the right word as my english (you have all noticed) is not perfect ) the coffee beans and that's why I never have to miss the increbible fresh coffee aroma .
When I am on the go and my coffee machine far far away I like to drink my "organic NO CAF" from whole earth ! It's a caffeine-free alternative to coffee , made with organic barley ,ground chicory , roasted figs and malt

I also like to drink a nice cup of tea , especially in the evening . It is so relaxing . 
I like the " Organic Redbush Tea " which is caffeine free and very delicious. A bit of agave syrup and some milk ! Mmmm .... perfect preparation for the land of Dreams :)


Yesterday I backed cakes with my students ! It was real fun and very tasty ! 

The preparation is easy and the result is a very soft , juicy and delicious cake !

I did not take pictures from the preparation but here is the outcome !





One with apples and the other with cocoa !

what you'll need for 2 small cakes :

150 g Butter

150 g Sugar 

150 g flour 

2 tspn baking powder

1 pinch salt 

4 Tspn cocoa ( plain , no sugar )
4 drops Rum aroma
3 eggs
1 Vanilla
1 apple
cinnamon powder

Mix the butter with sugar , vanilla , salt and eggs untill they become foamy. Mix the flour with baking powder and add it to the dough . Mix it together .
Take one loaf pan and insert half of the dough inside . Peel the apple and cut it in 4 slices . Put them into the dough , press them a little inside and sprinkle them with cinnamon powder.
Insert half of the left dough into the other loaf pan .Insert to the one left in the bowl the cocoa and Rum . Mix it together and put it over the white dough in the pan . Take on fork and mix the white and brown doughs spirally together .
Oven : 160 Degrees for 60 minutes !


Have a beautiful day everyone xxx
         photo layout2_zps2103028f.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment